Homemade honey mustard dressing will give any salad the best boost of sweet and tangy flavor. You only need a handful of simple ingredients to whip it up. Once you’ve made it yourself, you won’t want it any other way!
You can’t go wrong with making salad dressing from scratch. This way, you get to customize the flavor and consistency to your liking! Greek salad dressing, lemon vinaigrette, and Olive Garden salad dressing are more amazing recipes to try next! They’ll have you hooked with their fresh, delicious flavor and ability to enhance any salad you put them on!
Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe
Honey mustard is one of my all-time favorite condiments. My family always has to have it around for a dipping sauce! If you’re a honey mustard lover like me, you’re in for a treat! This recipe has all of that sweet flavor and zip you crave but in dressing form! Homemade salad dressings really are a game-changer. Once you start making them from home, storebought dressing just won’t cut it.
Another great thing about making homemade salad dressings is that you know exactly what’s going into them! No preservatives or artificial ingredients here! Just fresh, flavorful deliciousness. I’ve been using this honey mustard dressing on all of my favorite salads recently and I’m obsessed! It has such a smooth and creamy consistency with the most amazing punch of flavor in each bite. For more quick and easy dressings and dips, find my full list of recipes here!
Honey Mustard Dressing Ingredients
Each ingredient combines to create the most smooth, flavorful dressing. The texture of this honey mustard dressing is nice and creamy without mayonnaise added! With how simple these ingredients are, making it from scratch is a no-brainer. It’s the best lunch companion! Note: measurements for each ingredient can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Dijon Mustard: The base of this dressing, Dijon mustard adds a strong, tangy flavor and creamy texture.
- Honey: Because what would honey mustard be without the honey? The sweetness balances out the tangy flavor in this dressing perfectly.
- Lemon Juice: Adds a pop of zesty flavor. If possible, use fresh lemon juice for best results!
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar adds a sweet but sour flavor to this dressing. You can also use white wine vinegar as a substitute.
- Olive Oil: Helps all of the seasonings and flavors in the dressing to stick to your salads. I used extra-virgin olive oil for the purest flavor.
- Minced Garlic: No homemade dressing is complete without garlic! Minced garlic adds the perfect pop of savory flavor.
- Italian Seasoning: You can buy this premade or make your own blend at home using a few simple herbs!
- Salt and Black Pepper: Add both to taste.
How to Make Honey Mustard Dressing at Home
It’s so easy! You just need to mix each ingredient together until you have a nice, smooth consistency. The fun part is customizing it to your personal preference!
- Add Each Ingredient: In a bowl add the mustard, honey, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Whisk Together: Whisk them together.
- Store Until Ready to Use: Store in the fridge in an airtight container. See more storage tips below.
Tips and Serving Suggestions
Here are a few ways to customize your dressing and tasty recipes to serve it with! It’s the perfect condiment to have on hand and works in so many different dishes.
- Make Flavor More Mild: If the flavor of your honey mustard dressing ends up being too overpowering, you can add a little more olive oil at a time until you reach your desired flavor and consistency.
- Add Spice: On the flip-side, if you’re looking to kick up the heat, add a pinch of paprika or cayenne pepper to your dressing at a time until you achieve the hot mustard flavor of your dreams!
- Serve With: This dressing tastes amazing on homemade salads but is also great for adding flavor to vegetables like asparagus, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts!
Storing Leftover Dressing
The best part of this recipe is the fact that it has a fairly long shelf life! With proper storage, your honey mustard dressing will last for a few weeks!
- In the Refrigerator: Store your homemade honey mustard salad dressing in an airtight container like a mason jar. It will stay good for 2-3 weeks. Discard if an odor or mold develops.
Note: The ingredients in this dressing may settle over time. Give it a quick stir or shake before use.
In a bowl add the mustard, honey, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
Whisk them together.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Calories572kcal (29%)Carbohydrates79g (26%)Protein3g (6%)Fat30g (46%)Saturated Fat4g (20%)Polyunsaturated Fat4gMonounsaturated Fat22gTrans Fat1gSodium692mg (29%)Potassium254mg (7%)Fiber4g (16%)Sugar72g (80%)Vitamin A81IU (2%)Vitamin C19mg (23%)Calcium88mg (9%)Iron2mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.