This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Utilizing home made Greek seasoning is the easiest way so as to add Mediterranean aptitude to your cooking! It mixes up in minutes and is ideal for including scrumptious zesty taste to your whole favourite meals.
Do-it-yourself seasonings are so recent and attractive! They add one of the best increase of taste to every little thing you cook dinner, minus the preservatives and synthetic flavors! You’ll have to do that fajita seasoning, taco seasoning, and blackened seasoning subsequent!
Do-it-yourself Greek Seasoning Recipe
You all most likely know by now that I really like my home made seasonings. I take advantage of them in nearly every little thing I cook dinner! Right this moment’s addition is a scrumptious one and ideal for these of you that love Meditteranean delicacies! This Greek seasoning mixes up in simply minutes and is the right mix of spices you most likely have already got in your pantry. It’s savory, zesty, peppery, and can improve any dish you add it to!
I really like utilizing this as a rub for meat and fish, however it works nice for seasoning greens, too! You’re going to be shocked at how only a pinch of these items can actually convey a dish to life. It’s so scrumptious! It’s tremendous simple to customise, too, so you’ll be able to alter the flavour to your liking. Let’s make some!
What’s Greek Seasoning Made Of?
This Greek seasoning is one of the best mixture of savory and fragrant! Yow will discover the measurements I used for every of those components beneath within the recipe card, however be happy so as to add roughly to your liking! Customizing your mix is one of the best a part of this recipe.
- Dried Onion Flakes: Add sharp, savory taste.
- Garlic Powder: Including garlic is a should for a pop of savory taste.
- Dried Oregano: Has one of the best candy, peppery taste. It additionally provides nice texture!
- Dried Basil: Basil is completely vibrant and minty.
- Dried Dill Weed: Dill weed offers this seasoning the right zesty taste.
- Dried Marjoram: Marjoram has delicate taste and is good and fragrant.
- Dried Thyme: Thyme is earthy and minty, excellent for Greek dishes!
- Salt and Cracked Black Pepper: Enhances the general taste of the seasoning.
- Floor Cinnamon and Nutmeg: (Elective) You possibly can add these in if you’d like your seasoning to have a touch of heat spice.
Can I Use Recent Herbs?
This is among the few occasions that I don’t suggest utilizing recent herbs as a result of your mix gained’t final as lengthy. Dried herbs have a for much longer shelf life than utilizing recent herbs. Due to their excessive moisture content material, recent herbs might develop mildew early on.
How you can Make Do-it-yourself Greek Seasoning
It solely takes minutes to combine up this scrumptious seasoning! Upon getting it readily available, you’re going to wish to put it on every little thing!
- Combine: In a small bowl, whisk collectively all the spice components till properly blended.
- Retailer: Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 3 months. Take pleasure in this seasoning as a dry rub on hen, fish, greens, or in dips.
Extra Methods to Take pleasure in Your Seasoning
Now that you’ve this versatile mix of herbs and spices readily available, listed below are a number of easy methods to put it to use!
- Use as a Marinade: Use Greek seasoning as a marinade by combining 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and a couple of tablespoons Greek seasoning. Combine and marinate with 2 kilos of hen for half-hour earlier than grilling.
- For Salad Dressing: The herbs in Greek seasoning are excellent for including taste to your favourite salads. Merely combine a tablespoon of the seasonings in with vinegar or oil!
Storing Your Seasoning
So long as you retailer your seasoning in a cool, dry place, it can keep recent for as much as 6 months. I all the time wish to preserve mine in an hermetic container or jar. Add it to your whole favourite meals for a pop of scrumptious taste!
In a small bowl, whisk collectively all the spice components till properly blended.
Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 3 months.
Take pleasure in this seasoning as a dry rub on hen, fish, greens, or in dips.
Use Greek seasoning as a marinade by combining 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and a couple of tablespoons Greek seasoning. Combine and marinate with 2 kilos of hen for half-hour earlier than grilling.
Serving1tablespoonEnergy16kcal (1%)Carbohydrates4g (1%)Protein1g (2%)Fats0.2gSaturated Fats0.1g (1%)Polyunsaturated Fats0.03gMonounsaturated Fats0.02gSodium933mg (39%)Potassium79mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A56IU (1%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium43mg (4%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data relies on third social gathering calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.